Hungry? Your mouth is watering, isn't it?
Remember when I said I wouldn't make pizza again because it was always disappointing?
Well, Pillsbury saved the day. I tried a refrigerated, ready-made crust and it turned out great. I used the thin crust version because I that's how I like it. I even rolled it out a little more to make it a bit thinner. Then I just turned up the edges before topping.
Caramelized Vidalia Onion (I used half of a medium sized onion)
3 Chicken Tenders or 1 Chicken Breast
Original KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce
Fresh Mozzarella (we didn't use homemade but I can't wait to try)
Fresh Cilantro, chopped (if desired)
1, ready made, life saving, Pillsbury pizza crust.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spoon a little sauce into a small ovenproof dish, lay chicken down on sauce and smother the top of the chicken with more sauce.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the sauce is getting good and brown and chicken is cooked all the way through. When you take out the chicken, turn up the heat to 500.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of oil on your cookie sheet or pizza pan. Roll out the crust, turn up the edges and sprinkle with garlic powder or whatever seasonings you like.
- Slice Mozzarella super thin and arrange on the crust. One 8 oz. package was enough for this size crust but I did add a little additional shredded mozzarella cause I like it extra cheesy.
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces and arrange on the crust.
- Sprinkle onions on the crust (you could do them raw but I love the flavor the caramelization gives).
- Drizzle on a little more sauce if desired.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the crust is brown and cheese is good and bubbly. I set my timer for 5 minute increments and check periodically.
- Before serving, sprinkle with cilantro.
- Eat, enjoy, and then wish you'd made two.
**First made by PW, then tweaked by me.**